One of my co-workers is obsessed with Caramel Frappuccino’s at Starbucks. I found a Caramel Macchiato Cookie recipe on pinterest and altered it some. They still taste amazing, without the coffee jitters!
What you’ll need for the cookie batter: 2 1/4 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 sugar, 1/4 cup cream cheese (softened), 6 Tbsp melted unsalted butter, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 egg, 1 Tbsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla.
What you’ll need to roll cookie in: 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar. Put this in a separate bowl. You’ll need this sugary goodness after the batter is all mixed together.
For the topping: Room temperature caramel sauce
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees …
… In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk it together and set it aside …
… In a larger bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar and cream cheese together until smooth …
… Add the butter and mix it in well …
… mix it in until the butter is fully incorporated …
… Add the egg, vanilla, milk and oil …
… Slowly stir in the flower mix. I used and suggest using a rubber spatula to mix it all together …
… Once it’s all mixed together, roll the dough into 1 inch balls …
… mix the brown sugar and sugar together. Get it all mixed up …
… Take your dough ball and roll it in the brown sugar / sugar mix …
… Place the ball on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then flatten the ball so they’re flat like below. Sprinkle a little more brown sugar / sugar on top of the cookies and bake them for about 12 minutes …
… Let the cookie cool for a moment before you transfer them to the wire cooling racks …
… I spooned some caramel sauce into a piping bag to avoid getting a mess all over my counters while drizzling the sauce on the counters …
… Drizzle the caramel sauce all over the cookies after they’ve cooled completely and enjoy!
Caramel Drizzle Cookies
2 ¼ C flour 1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder 1 Tbsp milk
½ tsp baking soda 1 egg
1 Tbsp cocoa powder 1/3 C vegetable oil
½ tsp salt 6 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
¾ C brown sugar ¼ C softened cream cheese
¾ C sugar
Cookie roll ingredients:
¼ C brown sugar ¼ C sugar
1 C room temperature caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and cream cheese until smooth
4. Add the melted butter to the sugar mix
5. Combine well, then add egg, vanilla, milk and oil
6. Slowly stir in the flour mix and mix well
7. Roll the dough into 48 little balls
8. Combine the brown sugar and sugar in a small bowl
9. Roll the dough ball around in the sugar mix
10. Place the rolled cookies on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and flatten the balls
11. Sprinkle more sugar mix on top of the cookies and bake for 12 minutes
12. Once the cookies are done baking, transfer them to wire racks and drizzle with the caramel sauce.